Follow

Tuesday 31 May 2016

The unloved flower.

Do you ever feel a special attraction towards dandelions? I love weeds.. the unloved ones....and I love the ones with puffball, specially dandelions.  When they begin to bloom they are a timeless symbol of life. They are tiny parachutes of life...each seed. When I see dandelions they remind me of one fact that,  “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.”  When I am the beholder I view the “weeds”  as beautifully flawed and amazing,  finding beauty in the most common little things.
Just like the dandelion puffball let go of each seed,  it frees to let go of everything. Let go and pursue!  Remember  that a “weed” is but a beautiful flower!  I like to bring out the child in me  again! The dandelion is a child’s flower. I love to blow the seeds and  create magic in the moment.
I love the staying power of a dandelion, resilient and resistant; stretching its roots so deep and straight that no amount of tugging on its stem would  tear it completely from life. It is like coming back to face the world with a bright, sunshiny face even after being run over with a lawn-mower completely.
Dandelions are considered weeds....unwanted in a garden....but  I would like to pick a  bouquet of these little yellow flower, that is most beautiful. It is a  a  thrill to see the seeds of the dandelion spread with the wind, like tiny parachutes of life.
To me the dandelion is a miniature sun that later turns into a moon, the transition from a flower to a round puffball exploding form.

No comments: